Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas Ornament Exchange Time!

I went to the post office early today; as I had to take Little Miss Stevie to the vet for a check-up. Well, there wasn't anything in my PO Box, so I thought to double check and found the ladies writing up a parcel I had to sign for. It was a box and it was light; and when I read the customs sticker, my suspicions were confirmed! It was my Ornament Exchange! And isn't it gorgeous!

Thank you so much HwnSciGirl from North Carolina! I love the owl(isn't he just beautiful! So rustic and charming! I'll most definitely hang him on the tree this week when I put it all together)! And you included a book: 'Spooky South: Tales of Hauntings, Strange Happenings and other Local Lore'. Thank you so much! Once Loey saw it, she wanted to read it immediately... well, not after me of course.:D

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that that precious owl made it to you in one piece! I had to show him off to my workmates before I tucked him into the post. I know for certain that three other people were so charmed by him that they went to purchase his siblings that very evening.

    Happy Bookcrossing Christmas,
    Lanakila (aka hwnscigirl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Loey (Mum) saw him, she thought he was the most gorgeous little guy around! However when I put him on the table to photograph him, my little bird didn't think much of him. All she did was hang off the cage and stare as though to say: 'Well, he's not staying here!' I'll be wrapping him up in the bubble wrap when Christmas is over and carefully putting him away so his tail doesn't get broken.

    ReplyDelete