Tuesday, December 11, 2012

HGG's to Cheer Me Up

I've had the absolute worst weekend.  My little pet bird passed away and I'm working hard on making her memory good here.  I haven't had the best time getting over her, but I'm getting there.
Today, though, I walked to the post office in the cool breezes - taking my time - and found I had two HGG's waiting for me in the little black space I've rented for my mail.  Anyway, I grabbed them and the mail for my folks (as they're on holidays and their mail is coming to my address and not theirs) and I came home.
On opening the first one, I found a wonderful snowman card with a cool pressed penny inside it!  I love these things.  This came from nmugirl.  Thank you so much for cheering up my week; I honestly needed this.  And Rudolph looks great on the penny; there was a label inside it too.   And, yes, I took the penny out and put it back... that's why it looks like it's torn.
Then, there was another card from another bookcrosser too.  On opening this one, I found postcard and a Christmas card from JmsMom.  The postcard was of Geronimo's grave site.  Very cool!  I love the Great Spirit and North American Indian Laws... and this just made my day.  

Thank you both for cheering me up.  I have enjoyed receiving your cards greatly.      

No comments:

Post a Comment