Monday, March 15, 2010

A Tolkien From South Africa

Today, I had an average day in the city. I went on a blind date off the internet, then looked around a second-hand bookstore next door to the place we met up at and bought piano music - jazz & blues, not soundtrack stuff. Then, I talked to a lovely uni student on the bus on the way home who has the best attitude towards life; he's a wheelie and hasn't let it stand in his way to study what he wants.

Once off the bus, I remembered I needed to get to the post office and purchase some envelopes and check my mail. In the box was a blue parcel pick-up card. So, I did just that and picked up a cool Tolkien book from South Africa! Thank you so much klaradyn for sending this to me! I'll add it to my collection of JRR Tolkien books here in the office. And I'll have a read of it once I get myself in 'The Silmirilion' (I think that's how it's spelt).

2 comments:

  1. Aha. Finally...found a place to comment. I am simply not blessed with any techno wizardry.

    Mozette, thank you for the time and effort you have put into getting my blog out there. I have had mail and comments from people, some, like George from Bookcrossing mentioned you as their source.

    I have been popping in to your short story blog when I have a chance and have been enjoying your work. I wasn't sure how best to send a word of thanks. I thought if I couldn't find a recent entry, I would mail Cate and send a cheerio thru her.

    Today the screen is blurring - I think I should have stayed in bed longer this morning, but, onward and upward.

    Anyway. Thank you again, and best wishes,
    Letitia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. I'm hoping my friends on Bookcrossing will take the time to have a look at your work and let you know what they think of it.

    Otherwise, enjoy my works and other links I've put up on my blogs (in case you tire of my stuff; so you can see what other work is out there).

    In any case, I am working on another three or four stories; and as usual, my ideas are coming at me all at once! Silly things!

    ReplyDelete