Friday, June 17, 2011

Celebrating 50 Years of Janet Frame's Work

Today, I went to the post office and found two pick-up cards.  One was from Nivea (this was something I was expecting) and the other was something I wasn't.  I picked up the book and opened it to find a beautiful new book slid out of the envelope and into my hands.  It was wrapped in a green paper bag and still had the price on it (I didn't really notice how much it was; and automatically took it off).  It was a book which had been on my Wish List on Bookcrossing since 2009; 'Owls Do Cry' by Janet Frame, a writer from New Zealand whose only work I have is her biography - 'Wrestling With the Angel' by Michael King - and what a tome of a book that is!  It's so densely written, I've found it hard to read. 
However, this book was also a part of Mission Bookcrossing - a game I'm playing on Bookcrossing -and I'm happy to say that I'm still active in the game; seeing I got the answer to my clue right!  
Thank you Izzy5000 for sending me a brilliant book to read... I can't wait to read to get into it this Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment