Friday, June 17, 2011

Neighbourly Kindness

This morning, on my way to the post office, I walked past one of my neighbour's houses where I saw their Grandmother, Betty, sitting out in the car port having a smoke.  As usual, I said good morning and she called out to me, "Just the person I'm looking for!  We have some books for you!" and gestured to a massive bag next to their side door.  I walked up and looked inside it to find it was filled to the brim full of books!  I was amazed at how kind she was being!
I counted 21 books as I laid them out to photograph them.
I asked if she was sure and she said that they actually came from her daughter - Lisa's - workmate who has moved house and did out her bookcase and gave these one to her.  Lisa brought them home for Betty to read, but her eyesight isn't good and she can't read the small print unfortunately.  So, she thought to give them to me.  How kind and generous this was of her to think of me when she didn't want these; and yet didn't wish to throw them out.  Thank you Betty for your generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment