Thursday, October 6, 2011

Birthday Parcel from Birthday Buddy Arrives!

On Bookcrossing, I have a Birthday Buddy.  We are lined up with them each year and if we're happy with them, we keep in touch and send each other gifts each year on each other's birthdays.  It's a lot of fun and I look forward to this time of year each year as it's a great give and take thing.
Well, today, I collected my parcel from the post office, but didn't open it as I had to get myself to the bus stop to get to my volunteer work.  Once there, and before it poured rain, I pulled out the cake for the day (before I found out that there were already two other cakes in the fridge) to share with the other volunteers.  Then, I pulled out my parcel and opened it at the front desk with my partner volunteer who worked with me today.  She was amazed that I received a present from somebody who was ultimately a complete stranger; and yet, we were so generous to each other.  I said that was main idea of Bookcrossing; it's a trust thing and it putting your trust in other people.  She loved it that there were so many good books inside such a small bag; and loved the coin purses, saying that my devotion to collecting them was wonderful!

So, I must say a big thank you to froggirlwendy for sending me the most wonderful present of five books, two coin purses, writing paper and inspirational quote and a lovely card (which will join the one on the piano from Mum and Dad).  I can't wait to get into reading these ones over the next few months - or better still over Christmas!  Thank you again, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment