Monday, October 10, 2011

Romance Prize from Across the Miles

I'm on a blog called 'The Romance Bandits' and there's about 16 managers who are all writers who write romance novels.  Now, that's a lot of managers for one blog!  And they are lovely people who have a brilliant sense of humour!  I found this blog during one of my many searches to make my other blogs fun and interesting; and to do this, I search my followers' blogs.  I know this sounds menial, but it works.  You never know what you may find.  Anyway, I commented a few times on some of the topics they talked about and the next thing I knew, I had won a book from one of them!  I was thrilled and contacted her to redeem my prize.  This was a few weeks back; and I only today received the prize.  When I pulled it out of the envelope here at home, I read the cover of the romance novel and found little sticker on the front:  'Signed by Author'.  Now, this was a little detail I had missed when I first had a quick look at it at the post office in my excitement of it arriving!  How very cool is that?  I have a signed edition of this lovely romance novel!  Now, I don't read romance very often - and usually have to be in the right mood for it - and so, now I have a book to read when that mood strikes.  When that will be?  I'm not sure, but this book will be here waiting for me when it does.  Thank you, Donna MacMeans for this book I will get to reading it whenever my romantic mood kicks in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment