Friday, December 4, 2009

From Finland!

I was going out to do my Christmas Shopping today and received a card in the mail. Well, I collected that and a parcel (which turned out to be my 'Beach Babylon' Bookring that was due back!) . While waiting for the bus, I opened the card and was greeted by the most adorable site! Three polar bears with glittering Santa hats on in the snow! And that's not all! The by purchasing this card, some of the money goes to Marie Curie Cancer Care which provides high quality free nursing care to terminally ill people who - by choice - are dying at home supported by their families. What a wonderful cause; as not everyone wishes to pass away in the sterile cleanliness of a hospital away from the comforts of home.

Thank you very much Sobergirl for sending me this very beautiful card with your heart in the right spot this Christmas; in more ways than one. I'll put the site for this organisation on the sidebar for you all to have a look if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment