Friday, November 6, 2009

For All of Your Prayers for My Little Bird's Health

This one isn't about anything I received in the mail. I thought to write this post about what happened on this first Tuesday of November; which here in Australia is known as Melbourne Cup Day.

My little bird, Stevie, became very sick. She was throwing up all over the place and not looking well at all. So, Mum and I took her to the vet at MacGregor and they did some tests on her. It turned out that my darling budgie had a Bacteria Crop Infection and had to be left overnight at GreenCross Vets. So, I signed the form with my poor little sweetheart on my shoulder and said my goodbyes; hoping I'd see her again and went off on my way. I spent my day worrying about my darling pet.
She's my little companion as I live alone. And she makes me life a little brighter when I come home from volunteer work or a big day out; and yes, I tend to talk to her when there's nobody else to talk to. During the day, Mum had gone onto Bookcrossing.com and asked my friends to send some healthy and feathery vibes for my darling bird as she was very sick and at the vets.


The next day after a restless night (even though the vet called me and assured me that Stevie was looking well and perkier than before), I received the phone call that I could bring her home.
Stevie was so happy to see me when I arrived that she didn't want to talk to anyone but me.
And didn't want to go back into the cage once she started talking to me (in her language of course). The vet, Mum and I chatted about Stevie's diet, living conditions and how things had to change a little. Otherwise, I was allowed to take her home. And just look at the difference!

I want to thank you all for helping me through a rough time with my little bird. She's a darling and a sweetheart; an absolute charmer and is getting better as the week progresses. I just wanted to thank you all here as you all mean so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment